Monday, June 22, 2009

A few months back I co-penned this poem with my friend Afrah :)
Make a Difference

I sit here wondering in awe
At the clear blue sky when I saw
With its sparkle that instills a ray of hope
But with a reality that I have to cope

I see the vehicles below polluting this beautiful sky,
To reach their destination they try
For them to think about nature is a far cry

Is this the world we want to live in?
While we see the dear ozone go thin
With our gruff behavior and nonsensical approach,
Natural balance we encroach

I beg to differ and need to plead,
Please stop this pollution and take the lead.
Mother Earth is in a state of seethe
Save it, protect it, and let it breathe

Feeling peaceful and calm within,
I breakdown on others’ sin
With the thoughts of a serene, clean sky
I just start to pray and let out a huge sigh.

Why turn deaf to something as critical as this?
When we all can live in bliss
Why choose to escape
When we can beautify the landscape

Get rid of smoke and these obnoxious gases
Let’s start to educate the masses
Don't make this world so toxic
It belongs to all the classes

The morose, lonely sky cries for help far away
So does the fresh breeze that blows past your way
You and only you alone can stand up for it,
Indian, Pakistani, American or Brit
You alone can make a big difference
Encroachment on nature, please don’t permit
**************************
You can also visit my other blog with collection of funny emails and videos http://havuseenthis.blogspot.com/

No comments: